Promote management practices that help preserve Sierra biodiversity and habitat.
- Educate decisionmakers and the public on the value of the Sierra's biological assets, which include 60% of California's animal species and almost half of its plant species
- Articulate the threats that climate change is posing to Sierra biodiversity, including species migration, spread of pathogens, and extinction risks
- Improve habitat connectivity and protect climate refugia
- Promote dynamic, ecosystem-based approaches to habitat management to adequately address climate impacts
- Promote research providing greater baseline information on species diversity and habitat conditions in the Sierra